Food Operations Manager 2
Fast-Paced. Never Boring. You thrive on the variety that each day brings.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 for MelroseWakefield Hospital located in Melrose, MA. In this role, you will report to the Food GM, and be part of the leadership team overseeing a team of approximately 40 hospital employees. The Food Operations Manager works Monday-Friday and will provide rotational weekend coverage every 3 weeks. This position will also oversee Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford, MA, so the Operations Manager must be available to travel there as needed. Your responsibilities will include retail and patient dining food service, along with kitchen management.
Melrose Wakefield Healthcare is a coordinated system of hospitals, physician practices and community-based services providing care for communities throughout north suburban Boston. They are distinguished by the range of clinical care and services they provide locally for the continuum of care in clinical collaboration with Tufts Medical Center.
The successful candidate will:
- coordinate all required tasks, and managing scheduling through frontline staff
- deliver high quality food services including retail, patient meal management, and catering
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- ensure compliance with HACCP, regulatory and Sodexo standards
- have daily interaction with fellow managers and clinical team to ensure patient satisfaction
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement and supervisory experience
- have culinary production experience, including retail food operations
- can manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer service
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- have some experience using Kronos (preferred not required)
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMG), Catetrax and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
Learn more about MelroseWakefield here: https://www.melrosewakefield.org/locations/melrosewakefield-hospital/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. . Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.