Food Operations Manager 2
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 for Charles Sitrin, a 200 resident skilled care and rehab facility located in New Hartford, New York. This position will oversee kitchen operations and 9 household kitchens. Will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 20-25. Typical shift will vary from opening to closing with every other weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- oversee daily kitchen operations;
- place orders;
- train and schedule staff;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall resident meal service program targeted to exceed resident and customer satisfaction;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the resident experience;
- ensure food quality and presentation;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development, scheduling of staff.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- has two or more years prior food service management experience, ideally in a healthcare environment;
- passion for our residents and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily; and
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits that start on your first day! Benefits include: paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. Benefits start on your 1st day!!
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.