Food Operations Manager 2
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 for our prestigious client Vinson Hall Retirement Community in McLean, VA. This position will oversee dining room operations for the independent living residents, as well as special catering events.Prior food supervisory experience is helpful, as this individual will report directly to the General Manager and will directly supervise up to a team of hourly (front-line) employees.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment;
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met;
- is an independent self-starter who can work in a high-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- two or more years of food service management experience in a senior living or healthcare environment;
- culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- a strong employee, resident engagement and solid customer service skills;
- a background with catering is an added plus;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- will maintain extremely high standards and work flexible hours.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits that begin on your 1st day of employment! Benefits to include 3 weeks of paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401k and access to ongoing training and developmental programs, tuitions reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.