Food Operations Manager 2
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success. Join a team where you can make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 for Twin Cities Hospital located in Niceville, FL.
Twins City Hospital is part of Fort Walton Beach Hospital (GM is located there - 12 miles away - stand alone facility, single manager - overseeing all patient meals, cafe meals, catering. HCA facility, SDX hourly (10 staff members), - responsible for procurement, safety, HR Kronos, cash handling.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in health care.
The successful candidate will:
- Establishes a safe work environment.
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence.
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention.
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes.
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory, and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables, and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan.
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively.
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance.
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service.
- are enthusiastic and confident.
- ability to drive employee success to enhance the value of the food and nutrition team; I
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMG), Catertrax and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Learn more about Twin Cities Hospital at: Twin Cities Hospital (hcafloridahealthcare.com)
Employees who work in healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.