Food Operations Manager 2
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
**Typical Schedule: Monday-Friday**
(every 3rd weekend rotation)
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 for Eagleville Hospital in Eagleville, PA. Eagleville Hospital is a 305-bed, independent, non-profit addictions and behavioral health treatment and educational organization located on a beautifully wooded 40-acre campus in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, with easy access to highways and the Southeastern Pennsylvania area, including Philadelphia.
The Food Operations Manager 2 will provide leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. This position will help ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. The Food Operations Manager 2 will implement business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
Responsibilities will include:
- working with unit financial/budgets,
- strategic planning,
- HR functions,
- training and development of both a management and hourly staff,
- ensuring HACCP compliance,
- direct client interaction and supervision of 5 Sodexo managers and 55 union hourly client employees.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
**Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.**
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.