Food Operations Manager 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day. Share your vision and inspire others by working with Sodexo Healthcare!
The Food Operations Manager 2 for Allina United Hospital is located in St. Paul, MN. This 500-bed hospital with attached Children's Hospital, serves the St. Paul/East Metro area and is recognized nationally for its expertise and care. The Food Operations Manager will directly oversee a team of frontline employees and manage all daily operations. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about wellness and nutrition and who is looking to gain exposure in roles that could lead to careers in a variety of food service career tracks. The typical schedule is 12pm-9pm, M-F with rotating weekends.
- Comprehensive benefits that start day 1 of hire
- No late night shifts
- 3 weeks paid vacation your first year
- Tuition reimbursement and growth opportunities
The successful candidate will:
- create and deliver innovative and enriching cafe experiences for patients, family and staff daily;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- deliver high quality food service;
- manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies;
- mentor, develop, and retain frontline staff;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a background in food service or culinary management;
- proven ability to mentor, train, and coach frontline employees;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- have exceptional organization, attention to detail, and a self-starter mindset
Learn more about Allina Children's Hospital HERE
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.