Food Operations Manager 2
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 to join our culinary team at our senior living account in the Syracuse - Utica, New York area. This position will oversee the kitchen operations at the senior living community. This position will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 20-25 hourly kitchen staff. Ability to work flexible hours and rotate weekend coverage is essential in this role.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of the day-to-day kitchen operations;
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development, scheduling of staff;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall resident meal service program targeted to exceed resident and customer satisfaction;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the resident experience;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling, preparation and presentation are achieved;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits..
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- has two or more years prior food service management experience, ideally in skilled or healthcare environment;
- passion for our residents and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily; and
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits that start on your first day! Benefits include: paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. Benefits start on your 1st day!!
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an o
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.