Food Operations Manager 3 - Patient Services
Join a great team where patients are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 3 (Patient Services focused) for Tufts Medical Center located in Boston, MA. Tufts Medical Center, part of Tufts Medicine, is an internationally-respected academic medical center – a teaching hospital where they pride themselves not only in the sophistication of the care they provide but the compassionate way in which they provide it. Tufts is a 415-bed medical center, and they care for all patients from the tiniest newborns to centenarians.
In this role you will provide leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client.
The successful candidate will:
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy
- drect daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources
- assume the Food General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence
- ensure patient satisfaction via interaction with client, patients, and staff
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have prior experience in in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
- demonstrated experience in regards to leadership and communication skills
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily
- prior management experience, preferably in healthcare
Learn more about Tufts Medical Center here: https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/About-Us
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.