Food Operations Manager 3
Nourish in Long Island City, New York is seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Food Operations Manager 3 Commissary.
The Food Operations Manager will be responsible for the forecasting and planning of the operations needs for food and snacks for our clients. Produce and supervise food production for daily menu/ meal and catering request delivery and execution promptly.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- To satisfy the needs of the client and customer by providing high-quality, cost effective food service.
- Maintains, ethos food standard programs, ensuring quality, and consistency of all the needs of the customers at that location.
- Participates and lead/ mentor employee training and development programs specific to the account needs and managerial expectations.
- Produces and supervises, directs, and schedules the activities of unit food service personnel following the traditions and values of the organization.
- Maintains accurate and timely accounting and financial records.
- Controls and monitors all food and operational expenses with the development of pars and managing the ordering, purchasing, and inventory of such items.
- Ensures sanitary and safe operation by Federal, State, and local health regulations. This includes following HACCP guidelines to prevent food borne illnesses.
- Establish effective communication channels with customers and client management which provides a system of feedback on the overall success of the operation. This feedback should lead to the implementation of operational improvements that better meet the needs of both clients and customers.
- Understand contractual service requirements.
Come join a team that is passionate, supportive, and loves to promote from within. Learn more about
us at https://www.nourishinc.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.