Food Operations Manager 3
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), located in Boston, MA. In this role, you will report to the Food GM, and be part of the leadership team overseeing a team of culinary and food service workers. The Food Operations Manager works primarily Monday-Friday, approximately 6am-3pm, as well as rotational weekend coverage every 3 weeks.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is part ofBeth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education. BIDMC is a world-class teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School and is in the heart of Boston.
The successful candidate will:
- coordinate all required tasks, and managing scheduling through frontline staff
- deliver high quality food services including retail, patient meal management, and catering
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- ensure compliance with HACCP, regulatory and Sodexo standards
- have daily interaction with fellow managers and clinical team to ensure patient satisfaction
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement and supervisory experience
- have culinary production experience, including retail food operations (healthcare experience a +)
- can manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer service
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMG), Catetrax and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This section does not apply to external candidates.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
Learn more about Beth Israel here; https://www.bidmc.org/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. . Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.