Food Operations Manager 3
Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager for for an account in the Western Suburbs of Chicago that participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. The Operations Manager of food service will support the unit operating responsibilities including the supervision of hourly staff with a focus on excellent customer experience and supporting the unit financials. A valid drivers license is required.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, keeping services fresh and updated based on current trends and customer needs. The Food Operations Manager is an excellent position for a hands-on professional who is customer-service driven in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidate will have previous K-12 NSLP management experience and excellent client communication skills. This role is heavily focused on service, training, unit financials.
The successful candidate will:
- coordinate all required tasks, and managing scheduling through frontline staff
- deliver high quality food services and manage all catering events
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- ensure compliance with HACCP, regulatory and Sodexo standards
- have daily interaction with fellow managers and clinical team to ensure patient satisfaction
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement and supervisory experience
- bring culinary production experience, K-12 experience preferred
- can manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer service
- proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus Services, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.