Food Production Manager 2
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success. Join a team where your leadership can make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a dynamic Food Production Manager 2 for MedStar Georgetown University Hospital located in Washington, DC. MedStar Georgetown was the first hospital in Washington, D.C., to receive Magnet® recognition for demonstrating excellence in nursing care. Since then, we have been re-designated three times given our outstanding commitment and dedication to our patients from our world-class nursing staff.
Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis, caring for the whole person, MedStar Georgetown is dedicated to focusing on the full needs of our patients and their families that go beyond their immediate healthcare needs and providing the comfort they need to help them heal. This philosophy empowers our associates to work together to provide holistic care, as well as a trusting and compassionate environment.
The Food Production Manager 2 will have direct oversight of all purchasing operations including HAACP accountabiilty, receiving/storing, product/vendor compliance and food production tracking. This position will have heavy client interaction and needs to be able to provide clear and effective communication with various hospital departments. This position will oversee 2 supervisors and 15 frontline associates.
If you are a seasoned culinarian with experience managing operations in high volume kitchens...apply now!
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- the ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.