Food Production Manager 2
Fast-Paced. Never Boring. You thrive on the variety that each day brings.
Sodexo is seeking an energetic leader to join St. Davids Medical Center as a Food Production Manager 2 located in Austin, TX. Nestled in the hill country, St. Davids Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care.
The Food Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the patient dining program, performing food assessments, ensuring tray quality, menu compliance and accuracy. If you have prior leadership experience with a background in patient services, you're encouraged to apply!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the largest for-profit healthcare provider in the US, offers a unique career opportunity for you to partner within and join our growing nationwide HCA portfolio of business. We are looking for individuals with the ability to manage labor efficiently and a proven track record of driving patient satisfaction.
The successful candidate will:
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- strong management skills, preferably in healthcare.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.