Food Production Manager 3
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success. Join a team where you can make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Production Manager 3 for a new state of the art hospital, MVHS-Wynn, located in downtown Utica, NY. MVHS-Wynn, a 373 bed hospital, with brand new kitchen and cafeteria, provides a Sodexo Room Service platform for patient meals, offering a restaurant style service in a hospital setting.
The Food Production Manager 3 at this location, works closely with the Executive Chef and manages a team of approximately 50 client staff. Primary responsibilities of this role will include assisting with and maintaining room service Press Ganey scores, and the training and development of unit cooks. Our ideal candidate will have a strong passion for food and innovation. Hours will vary with every other weekend required. Must be flexible.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for menu/recipe compliance, inventory, food production, hands-on cooking,
- food presentation the highest level
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- excellent mentoring/leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- strong coaching and employee development skills - client, union employees
Learn more about Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) Wynn Hospital at MVHS Wynn Hospital
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.