Food Production Manager 3
Fast-Paced. Never Boring. You thrive on the variety that each day brings.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Food Production Manager 3 at Yale New Haven Hospital -York Street Campus located in New Haven, CT.Yale New Haven Hospital is a provider of comprehensive, integrated, family-focused care in more than 100 medical specialties, supported by the skill and expertise of more than 7,500 university and community physicians and advanced practitioners.
The Food Production Manager 3 will manage a team of approximately 50 employees and be responsible for procurement and purchasing, vendor management, food production tracking, and managing food costs/budgets. The ideal candidate will have experience with purchasing/ordering, food cost analysis, and food production. Our ideal candidate will have previous food production experience in healthcare setting.
The successful candidate will:
be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
ensure food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production, and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- passion for exceptional customer service, attention to detail and be extremely client driven;
- the desire to promote the catering department and increase sales;
- the ability to work tactically and strategically in the unit with clients and customers;
- a proven track record of success in growing relationships both internally and externally to position the catering department as a department of choice; and/or
- the ability to promote team success at every level and be a true leader.
Click Here to learn more about Yale New Haven Hospital -York Street Campus.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.