Food Production Manager
Building communities by connecting real people to food, this is what matters to you.
Sodexo is seeking an entry level Food Production Manager for Home Grown Springfield, located in Springfield, MA. The Food Production Manager will be responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Sodexo is offering training on culinary, operations and safety. Valid drivers license to travel between 13 locations there is mileage reimbursement. Work week Monday- Friday starts between 5:30- 6:30 am and full time for 37.5 hours. Free meal included. On-site training and development! Summers off!!
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary.
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- Can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus Services, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of food production employees. Responsible for the purchasing and receiving of food and supplies, as well as monitoring the inventory. Maintains food production records/cost indicators. May plan and cost menus. May supervise less than two full time employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.