Food Service Manager 1 (Part-Time)
Sodexo is seeking a Food Services Manager 1, in a part-time capacity, for Cambridge Hospital located in Cambridge, MA. In this role, you will provide weekend coverage as well as occasional vacation coverage for either location (Somerville and Cambridge). Shifts would be approximately 12 hours on the weekends, and for weekday coverage it would be approximately 5:30am-2:30pm or 9:30am-6:30pm.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of food service operations
- successfully coordinate all required tasks through frontline staff
- deliver high quality food services including retail, catering and patient meal management
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- ensure HACCP, regulatory and standards compliance;
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have previous food service experience; working in a healthcare environment would be a plus
- have had prior roles where responsible for cash handling/management and reporting
- are able to work on an as-needed basis for vacation coverage, along with weekend coverage
- have a background in safety and sanitation compliance
- can manage multiple priorities while demonstrating professional communication skills
Please note this role is Part-Time Hours:
We are seeking someone for weekend & vacation coverage for our managers across the Somerville, Everett, and Cambridge hospital locations. In this role you would work every other weekend. Ideally, this person would also be intrested in and available to take on extra shifts when able.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Assists in the management of multi-functional food service areas in a single unit. May assume General Manager's (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence. Assists in maintenance of cash control and payroll records. Assists in supporting the financial/Human Resources (HR) functions. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. May supervise less than two full time employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.