Food Service Manager 1
Do you want to be part of a food program that is innovative and leveraging sustainable resources?
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager for Liberty University, located in Lynchburg, VA.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations in a multi-station campus dining hall and retail operations;
- deliver high-quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate a working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Assists in the management of multi-functional food service areas in a single unit. May assume General Manager's (GM) responsibilities and authority in their absence. Assists in maintenance of cash control and payroll records. Assists in supporting the financial/Human Resources (HR) functions. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. May supervise less than two full time employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.