Food Service Manager 2
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
* $2,500 Sign On Bonus *
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 for Frederick Living, an upscale 370 resident continuing care retirement located in Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, nearby King of Prussia. This position will assist in oversee a retail C-store, a bistro and independent living dining room service. Will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 10 hourly employees. Typical shift will be 10:30am - 7:00pm, may vary with every other weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- mainly oversee dining operations for the bistro, C-store and independent living dining rooms;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall resident meal service program targeted to exceed resident and customer satisfaction;
- ensure food quality and presentation;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development, scheduling of staff.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- has two or more years prior food service experience;
- prior fine dining and/or restaurant dining experience;
- cash handling experience;
- knowledge of computer systems;
- passion for our residents and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily; and
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies.
Learn more about: Frederick Living
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.