Food Service Manager 2
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference!
The Food Service Manager 2 for Deaconess Gateway Hospital is located in Newburgh, IN. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about wellness and retail, who is looking to gain exposure in roles that could lead to careers in a variety of food service leadership tracks. The typical schedule is 12pm-9pm, M-F with rotating weekends.
- Comprehensive benefits that start day 1 of hire
- No late night shifts
- 3 weeks paid vacation your first year
- Tuition reimbursement and growth opportunities
The successful candidate will:
- create and deliver innovative and enriching cafe experiences for patients, family and staff daily;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- deliver high quality food service;
- manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies;
- mentor, develop, and retain frontline staff;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a background in food service or culinary management;
- proven ability to mentor, train, and coach frontline employees;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- have exceptional organization, attention to detail, and a self-starter mindset
Learn more about Deaconess Gateway Hospital HERE
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.