Food Service Manager 3
Do you want to be part of a food program that is innovative and leveraging sustainable resources?
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 3 for the MedStar Washington Hospital Center, located in Washington DC.
The Food Service Manger III is responsible for procurement operations utilizing Sodexo resources, recipes, systems, and programs to direct daily operations at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. This position ensures that employees have the required tools, resources and supplies to perform their jobs. Manages food quality, cost controls and deadlines as assigned. Establishes and maintains a safe working environment including both food and physical safety to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards. As a member of Sodexo’s team at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, this role will implement programs and standards that ensure the highest level of quality and service delivery to this prestigious client organization. This role will have frequent System and hospital client-faced interaction.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Learn more about MedStar Washington Hospital Center Here
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.