Food Service Manager 3
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 3 at UMaine, located in Orono, Maine along the banks of the Stillwater River, this vibrant and dynamic university serves Maine, the nation, and the world through its teaching, research and outreach mission. This position is Tuesday-Saturday roughly 9:00am-7:00pm during the school year and Monday-Friday during the summer.
The Food Service Manager will oversee one of the two main residential dining facilities on campus feeding over 1500 meals per day and reporting to the Operation's Manager for the location. A large part of this job is managing the hourly union staff and students and ensuring a high quality program with high standards.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement.
- Strong background in safety and sanitation compliance.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- Can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.