Food Service Manager 3
You ask instead of command. You see opportunities rather than problems. Share your vision and inspire others.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 3 for the University of Vermont located in Burlington, Vermont. Located on Lake Champlain -- a stunning lake with 587 miles (945 kilometers) of shoreline -- Burlington itself features a 8-mile paved trail that runs along the lake. 3.5-hour drive northwest of Boston, 90-minute drive southeast of Montreal -- international and metropolitan culture are easily accessible for weekend adventure. This food service manager will manage in a progressive University Campus Environment in large residential dining hall. Manage customer service, training, and service delivery for a large dining hall staff that serves our students. Passion for learning, marketing, sustainable sourcing and delivering exceptional customer service. Participate in scheduling, payroll as part of a large management team.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Learn more about University of Vermont at https://www.uvm.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.