Food Service Supervisor
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Share your vision and inspire others by working with Sodexo Healthcare!
The Food Service Supervisor for Allina United Hospital is located in St. Paul, MN.
This 500-bed hospital with attached Children's Hospital, serves the St. Paul/East Metro area and is recognized nationally for its expertise and care. The Food Services Manager will directly oversee a team of frontline employees and manage all daily operations. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about wellness and nutrition and who is looking to gain exposure in roles that could lead to careers in a variety of food service career tracks.
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Comprehensive benefits that start day 1 of hire
- No late night shifts
- 3 weeks paid vacation your first year
- Tuition reimbursement and growth opportunities
The successful candidate will:
- create and deliver innovative and enriching cafe experiences for patients, family and staff daily;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a background in food service or culinary management;
- proven ability to mentor, train, and coach frontline employees;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- have exceptional organization, attention to detail, and a self-starter mindset
Learn more about Allina Health HERE
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.