General Manager 1 - Multi-Service
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 1 - Multi-Service for Stormont Vail Flint Hills Hospital in Junction City, KS. The General Manager will direct all food & nutrition and environmental services operations for the hospital. This strategic leader will lead the patient services, retail and kitchen operations and will have a custodial manager reporting to them. The ideal General Manager candidate will be an experienced leader with proven ability to foster culture and build a strong team in food services and/or environmental services.
Salary range is competitive and negotiable with a bonus incentive plan and a full benefits package that kicks in immediately.
The successful candidate will:
- direct and oversee all food and nutrition service day-to-day operations
- develop, mentor and engage with supervisors and frontline employees
- oversee the Custodial Manager and frontline environmental services operations
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- work hands-on with the team
- ensure safety and sanitation compliance
The ideal candidate will have:
- a culinary background with extensive experience with ordering and inventory management
- proven background in food services and environmental services preferably in the healthcare industry
- demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to foster culture, retain employees, and develop teams
- a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- proven ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrated professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- be enthusiastic, eager to learn, and self-motivated;
- a results-driven mindset that enjoys working hands-on to support the team
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is $5 million or less in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.