General Manager 1 - Multi-Service
From the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean and from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic, Sodexo provides Quality of Life Services that support the needs of our clients in the Energy & Resources market segments, reinforcing client operations in both onshore and offshore environments.
Sodexo Energy and Resources is seeking a General Manager 1- Mulit-Service to provide oversight of food service and housekeeping staff for an offshore oil platform, which is accessed by helicopter from a heliport in Houma, Louisiana. The manager will have oversight of 5-30 hourly employees and will typically work a rotation of 21 days on/ 21 days off.
This position will involve the oversight of staff in a galley kitchen where a cycle menu is produced, feeding about 50-300 persons on board, as well as the logistics surrounding the housekeeping for visitors and staff.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Daily oversight of all food service and housekeeping duties to include adherence to all food safety/HACCP guidelines, labeling/dating, temperature logs and staff training
- The ability to work within existing financial costing models, operate within those financial parameters and produce weekly and monthly financial reports, P&L management
- Oversight of monthly inventory and ordering (including par level oversight)
- Planning, scheduling, staffing, training and motivating as needed to ensure stellar guest service is provided
**Ensuring a safe work environment on this oil rig is of paramount importance and will be a #1 priority for this Manager. An understanding of the basics of the oil and gas industry and the oil rig environment is a must.**
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience, success and proficiency in the following areas:
- Professional and polished written and verbal communication
- Hands-on cooking/culinary experience
- Managing budgets, especially along with food cost, labor cost
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Multi-tasking, project management and prioritizing
- Taking initiative and working independently in order to achieve agreed upon business outcomes and to ensure set plans are followed
- Cultural awareness
- Maintaining client relationship
- Computer literacy including usage of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and our other food service programs
- ServSafe is a must as ensuring food (and physical safety) are crucial in this environment
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – obtained through the TSA
- Obtaining a T-HUET certification (Tropical Helicopter Underwater Escape Training) will be part of the on-boarding process
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.