General Manager 2 - Environmental Services / Custodial
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 2 of Environmental Services to support new business located in Washington, DC. This General Manager will oversee the housekeeping and laundry operations for Ingleside at Rock Creek, a large upscale continuing care retirement community located on 14 wooded and landscaped acres bordering Washington, DC's beautiful Rock Creek Park with easy access to DC's numerous amenities.
Our Sodexo Seniors Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at the client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and resident satisfaction. At Sodexo Senior Living, residents are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for our communities is key to the full resident experience.
The successful Director level candidate will:
- have exceptional client service mentality and executive presence;
- be responsible for driving client and resident satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for resident, visitors and staff;
- effectively manages the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are leaders who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a housekeeping system;
- are an expert in building and maintain strong customer / client relationships;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have previous custodial or housekeeping director level experience preferably in a healthcare environment;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are proficient with computers and other technology;
- have strong financial acumen and budget management experience.
Learn more about Ingleside at Rock Creek
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.