General Manager 2 - Food
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 2, Food for its operations at Atlas Rossville, a 150 resident long term care / short term care rehabilitation facility located in Baltimore, Maryland. Will report to District Manager and manage a staff of approximately 15 hourly employees. This is a hands-on position moving from back of the house to front of the house with administrative and financial duties, P&L.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations (tray service and dining room service);
- deliver high quality food service;
- implement Sodexo systems and programs, and oversee training of staff;
- continuously evaluates service to ensure patient and client satisfaction;
- drive employee engagement and patient satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- integrate fully within our client's organization and be a trusted advisor with a customer service focus;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 or more years previous food service management experience ideally in a healthcare environment;
- strong financial skills, P&L experience;
- a dietary manager certification (CDM/CFPP) is needed or equivalent;
- a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- a work history demonstrating strong leadership and hospitality skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- knowledge of compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness program.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.