General Manager 3 - Conference Center
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Sodexo is seeking an experienced General Manager 3, Conference Center / Director of Conference Services & Sales to Support Conference Center and Business Development. This position will source sales leads to bring potential Conference Service business to current client communities throughout the Northeast and across the US.
This position will also be responsible to develop relationships with future customers to create a strong flow of business for our clients/existing business. Primary focus will be to create a strong proposition for our clients to use this service and for the third party conference customers to use both client facilities and Sodexo catered services.
Directs all facets of the group, transient and catering sales efforts to meet or exceed budgeted revenues and profits. Is directly responsible for the development of Sales and Marketing Plan for the property. Sales Managers report to this position.
This person will also serve to support catering operations in the Northeast and serve as a SME in logistical planning and execution of high profile events & team development.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- High profile conference/banquet/catering management in addition to hotel/overnight lodging experience
- strong understanding of financial - P&Ls, controllable and non-controllable expenses
- Sales / business development background – grow and develop conference services for existing and current accounts
- strong communication skills - working with client and administration,
- Hiring, training, and motivating a high performing team of managers, supervisors and front-line staff across various disciplines and operating departments including; Food & Beverage, Catering, Conference Services & Audiovisual Technology
- Previous experience in Event & Space Management
- Proven expertise in fostering relationships with executive level
- Managing complex presentation technologies including video conferences and broadcasts
- Seeking Bilingual candidates, the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only not applicable to external candidates
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a Conference Center Campus, Meeting Management or Lodging property. Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs multiple services which generally includes: sales and marketing, conference services, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, engineering, conference planning, audiovisual technology, accounting and finance, human resources, development and professional growth of management team. Manages the client relationship on a daily basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
-Sales/revenue critical job duty
-Business management overall business (operations management)
-Supervision of staff/directing team
-Communications/Sodexo process management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of work experience in hospitality services including hotel management, conference center services, food services, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.