General Manager 3 Food - Schools (Enrollment 2,500-9,999)
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success.
Join a team where you can make a difference!!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 - Food for Schools. This role requires 100% traveling and an openness to relocation, based off business need, within the region to include the states of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin, or Michigan.
We are looking for innovative leaders that have the ability to bring the next level to student food services. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementing Sodexo programs and systems, and will provide operational and financial over-site to the food and nutrition programs. This position requires someone that has a strong financial acumen, ability to communicate effectively, and someone that can respond to the needs of district administration, staff, employees as well as parents, students and community.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment;
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
- K12 experience within the food contracting industry is highly preferred.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Careers in Schools:
Working for Sodexo in Schools allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. From preschool through high school, in public schools and independent schools, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions. When children are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained school they are more likely to succeed.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate’s degree with academic major in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years of relevant school nutrition programs experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $51,500 to $77,990/year
$51500 to $77990
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 966985