General Manager 3 Food - Schools (Enrollment 2,500-9,999)
Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
Relocation is available!
Sodexo School Services is seeking an experienced General Manager 3 Food- Schools to support a school district in Eastern Illinois.
Our General Manager will have operational and financial over-site for the food and nutrition department. Candidates must have the knowledge & insight on how to lead staff members to ensure operational efficiency. This position also requires someone who has a strong financial acumen, ability to communicate effectively, and be able to respond to the needs of district administration, staff, employees as well as parents, students and community. Must be able to provide strong leadership and direction to the food service department with a focus on providing innovative and high quality programs. Valid driver's license.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- create a positive working environment;
- have a strong financial acumen and achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- have experience managing multiple locations;
- integrate fully within our client’s organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth;
- create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and food quality; and
- lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction;
- ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments;
- sustain client satisfaction and retention; and
- maintain strong employee relations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has experience working within K-12 services and National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service; and
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate’s degree with academic major in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years of relevant school nutrition programs experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $53,000 to $80,300/year
$53000 to $80300
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 970932