General Manager 3 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo Universities has an exciting career opportunity for a General Manager 3, Food for the beautiful Dakota College at Bottineau located in Bottineau - Northern ND, with 125 students on our Resident Dining meal plan. As GM, you will be the sole Sodexo Manager on site, working along side 12 - 15 employees, and experienced in Operations Management, Financial Reporting, Inventory, Ordering, Team Development and strong Stakeholder/Client partnerships Enjoy the security of small community living with affordable housing. Perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors surrounded by beautiful lakes and forests. This General Manager position has great ongoing career growth potential!
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE and ANNUAL BONUS programs
are offered for this exciting opportunity! **
As the General Manager of our University Dining at Dakota College, you will be the Hands On Manager responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to food services on campus. The successful candidate will have Culinary and Financial Reporting Management Experience and demonstrated Leadership in Developing Teams to provide exceptional campus dining.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have 2 years of food operations management experience as a Food Service Manager, Chef Manager, Restaurant Manager or General Manager with exceptional Customer Service Focus
- Have a demonstrated history of successful, diverse team leadership within a food service environment in all roles including Operations Management, Financial Reporting, Inventory, Ordering, Team Development and Career Development and strong Stakeholder/Client partnerships
- Be proficient in use of online Food Management Systems for menu and recipe planning, ordering and inventory, and financial reporting
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and have demonstrated success managing food and labor costs, and complex multi-venue budgets
- Be customer and client focused, including providing quality dining options in a welcoming dining environment
Are you an outdoor enthusiast seeking a better quality of life? Are you seeking an opportunity to advance your career? Join Sodexo Universities Team at Dakota College! APPLY NOW!
Working for Sodexo:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well-maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
#foodservice #dining #dei #worklifebalance #veteranhiring
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.