General Manager 3 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 - Food for HCA Parkland Medical Center located in Derry, NH. Parkland Medical Center serves Southern New Hampshire with comprehensive, personalized medical care around the clock. Part of HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Parkland achieves high honors for attentive patient care and holds several prestigious accreditations. They include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI from the American College of Cardiology and The Joint Commission’s recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures.™
HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services with 180+ hospitals and 2,300+ sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, home health and hospice agencies, and physician clinics, in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
In this role, you will lead a team of 12, and report to the Client Executive 2, based out of Virginia. Your hours would be approximately 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with occassional flex needed for weekend rotation coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- coordinate all required tasks through the Operations Manager and Patient Services Manager, supervisors and frontline staff
- deliver high quality food services including retail, catering and patient meal management operations;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships (i.e., comfortable in c-suite settings where communication skills are imperative when serving as top level site management)
- develop strategic plans
- ensure HACCP, regulatory and standards compliance
- have daily interaction with patients, their families and clinical team to ensure patient satisfaction;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have experience within HCA and healthcare (preferred)
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- are enthusiastic and confident;
- ability to drive employee success to enhance the value of the food and nutrition team; I
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMG), Catetrax and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Learn more about Parkland Medical Center here: https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/about-us
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.