General Manager 3 - Food
With your leadership excellence, you’re ready to move up to the next level.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 for United World College in Montezuma, New Mexico. Anchored by the historic Montezuma Castle, a luxury hotel built in the 19th century, UWC-USA’s campus is located on the edge of the Pecos Wilderness and the Santa Fe National Forest. The natural beauty of our campus is designed for reflection and, more importantly to learn more about the natural world. When the hotel was built originally it was a destination for wealthy patrons from the East Coast to casually experience the American West. UWC-USA students, on the other hand, head out on challenging orientation hikes almost as soon as they arrive on campus. Our Wilderness program actively uses the outdoors as a classroom.
The General Manager is a highly visible role. You will direct and participate in all the daily food operations, oversee all unit financials, HR functions, direct customer interaction and management of the culinary team and up to 32 Sodexo hourly associates. This position will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of client satisfaction through exceptional food and service /delivery of the food service operation. We are seeking an innovator who will actively engage our clients and students to strategically take our programs to the next level.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- create a positive working environment;
- have a strong financial acumen and achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- integrate fully within our client’s organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the account's leadership team;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth;
- create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and food quality;
- lead and motivate the team, inspiring strategic direction;
- ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; and
- sustain client satisfaction and retention.
- valid driver's license required.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have experience working in a high-end dining environment such as a university/country club setting;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Learn more about the United World College at: https://www.uwc.org/
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.