General Manager 3 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 - Food for our longstanding University Dining account at Friends University in Wichita, KS.. The General Manager will have excellent client relations skills and financial acumen. This contract will cover Resident Dining, Catering, and Retail operations.
RELOCATION is available for this exciting management position for candidates who live more than 50 miles from the unit!
This GM role is a great opportunity for someone with food operations management background in high volume dining (university, hospital, large corporate accounts, or large restaurant) environment. It is also a great stepping stone on your career path to larger roles! As a global company, you will enjoy better Work/Life Balance with the university schedule, and great benefits!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have 3 – 5 years experience in managing a dining operation in a high volume dining environment;
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of DRIVE, The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Team!
For more information about Sodexo Dining at Friends University, visit: https://friendsudining.sodexomyway.com/
Why choose Sodexo? This area is GROWING and opportunities to advance your career can grow too! You can contribute to the great work environment and culture, work collaboratively with the team, maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction!
- Sodexo offers Best in Class new employee Onboarding: Three weeks after hire, all newly hired managers will be scheduled to travel to participate in a two-week training at a nearby Sodexo Center for Excellence. Through this comprehensive onboarding model managers will be equipped to execute their positions at the highest level, train and lead their teams to do the same, and build a culture of excellence in their respective units.
- At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.