General Manager 3 - Food
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager in Corporate Services for two small cafes in Phoenix, Arizona.
The General Manager's main responsibilities are the daily operation of the full-service café’s serving breakfast, lunch and catering. The candidate must have food and labor cost control experience, exceptional customer service and leadership skills. Reporting to the District Manager the General Manager will have oversight of the Sodexo employees. Position is responsible for directing all contract management service operations and client relations of the café’s. This is a great opportunity for a General Manager to gain experience in managing multiple clients.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop menus and manage inventory
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
- be detail-oriented and accountable
The ideal candidate has:
- a hospitality background with cafeteria/restaurant style dining experience
- excellent hospitality, leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.