General Manager 3 - Food
Join a great team where our students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Campus Dining has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager 3 – Food Services at Lewis and Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. The family friendly and beautiful community of Lewiston offers a fair cost of living and ample outdoor activities to partake in. The intimate campus at Lewis and Clark State College offers fun and enjoyable activities throughout the year. The campus is part of a network of Sodexo Campus teams throughout Eastern Washington, Idaho, and eastern Oregon
Our successful candidate will have 3 years of food operations management experience at a General Manager level in a university setting or other high-volume dining and will excel at developing excellent client relationships.
Relocation Assistance is available! This position is Bonus Eligible through the Annual Incentive Plan! Enjoy the campus schedule of Holidays and Campus Breaks!
ARE YOU THE ONE? The Dining Services General Manager will:
- lead our cohesive team of seasoned employees,
- maintain excellent client relationships with the campus leadership
- demonstrate strong financial acumen to meet budget objectives.
- be responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to food service within a multi-unit campus account.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have 3+ years of food operations management experience at a General Manager level in a university setting or other high-volume dining;
- Have a demonstrated history of successful, diverse team leadership within a food service environment;
- Be proficient in use of on-line Food Management Systems for menu and recipe planning, ordering and inventory and financial reporting;
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and have demonstrated success managing food and labor costs and budgets;
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations and experience successfully mentoring and developing staff and teams;
- Be a solid leader who is perceptive and applies attention to details that make a difference in quality and presentation of food, while providing exceptional customer service; and/or
- Be customer and client focused, including providing quality dining options in a welcoming dining environment.
Learn more about Lewis and Clark College here: Lewis and Clark State College
Sound like the career path you have been seeking? APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Campus Team at Lews Clark State College!
Within the first month after hire, all newly hired managers will be scheduled to participate in a three-week training coordinated by a nearby Sodexo Center for Excellence. Through this comprehensive onboarding model, managers will be equipped to execute their positions at the highest level, train and lead their teams to do the same, and build a culture of excellence in their respective units.
Why Sodexo at LCSC?
There is an exciting upcoming remodel planned for the dining and retail areas, taking place 2023-2025. Also, there are high-performing and committed staff already in place to support this General Manager 3. Keep in mind, this position offers the opportunity to make your mark and grow your career!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.