General Manager 3 - Food
Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo Senior Living has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager 3, Food for St. Mary of the Woods, a senior living community located in Avon, Ohio. St. Mary of the Woods is a state of the art campus nestled in the heart of Avon. It features gorgeous architecture, spacious residences, and unparalleled hospitality. The General Manager will oversee the daily dining operations and manage an Executive Chef and an hourly staff of approximately 35.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of daily dining operations;
- mentor and build a team;
- deliver high quality food service;
- implement Sodexo systems and programs, and oversee training of staff;
- continuously evaluates service to ensure resident and client satisfaction;
- drive employee engagement and resident satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- integrate fully within our client's organization and be a trusted advisor with a customer service focus;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- three or more years previous food service management experience ideally in a healthcare environment;
- a dietary manager certification (CDM) is preferred or must be willing to obtain in one year;
- a work history demonstrating strong leadership and hospitality skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- knowledge of compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Learn more about St. Mary of the Woods
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.