General Manager 3 - Food
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking a General Manager 3, Food, for Aurora Citizens Care located in Frederick, Maryland. Aurora Citizens care is a skilled care and rehab center with an assisted living community serving approximately 225 residents. The General Manager will report to the District Manager and manage 2 managers with an hourly staff of approximately 25 employees. A CDM (certified dietary manager) certification or equivalent is required.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of daily food service operations (dining room service, tray service, and catering);
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 or more years previous food service management experience at a director/ general manager level ideally in a healthcare environment or retirement community;
- strong financial acumen;
- strong leadership and management skills with a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- a dietary manager's certification (CDM) or equivalent is needed;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Learn more about: Aurora Citizens Care
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness program.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.