General Manager 3 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager - Food to lead our culinary and dining team at our senior living account in the Syracuse - Utica, New York area. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of the kitchen and dining services on campus. The General Manager - Food will oversee a team of managers to ensure client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost-effective management that both meets and exceeds expectations.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day dining and culinary operations;
- Interface closely and daily with residents, client executive level leadership and client board members;
- control and ensure company and client financial targets and goals are achieved;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- be ServSafe certified with a strong working knowledge of HACCP monitors for regulatory compliance.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have previous skilled nursing or long term care experience;
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- have culinary experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness program.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $53,000 to $80,300/year
$53000 to $80300
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 971145