General Manager 4 Food - Schools (Enrollment 2,500-9,999)
**Relocation assistance & annual incentive eligible**
Sodexo's Schools Segment is seeking a high energy General Manager to partner with district administration in supporting the K-12 child nutrition program at Roseburg School District, located in Roseburg, OR. This position will report directly to the District Manager and will oversee employees serving 12 locations. Roseburg is located 1 hour south of Eugene in the Umpqua Valley of Oregon.
Day to day, this role will be responsible for serving the National School Breakfast and Lunch Program, and overseeing cafeteria operations. Specific duties will include supervising front of the house operations as well as the food production staff, purchasing and receiving food and supplies, monitoring inventory and data entry in our financial system.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. Strong financial and analytical skills mandatory for this position. Exceptional client relations and team building skills a must! A Registered Dietitian/BA Degree is also preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement, leadership skills, as well as previous management experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
- Valid driver's license required.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s degree, with academic major in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years of relevant school nutrition programs experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.