General Manager 4 - Food
Are you a "foodie" looking for an opportunity to expand your culinary career?
Relocation Assistance and a Sign-On Bonus!
Sodexo is seeking an innovative and dynamic Director of Dining Services who is passionate about creating healthy, nutritious and exciting dining experiences for students, faculty and staff at Baylor School: A Leading Private Boarding & Day School in Chattanooga, TN.
The ideal candidate will need to have a High-end/Fine Dining Culinary skill-set from a University with a strong passion for leadership!
The selected candidate will also be responsible for creating a university style food program, maintaining healthy client relations, labor productivity, meeting targets, meeting Sodexo and client standards, and driving innovation, employee & customer satisfaction as key client indicators.
The successful candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- has the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- has the leadership experience to create a positive and inclusive working environment
- will lead a team in executing high quality, innovative, inclusive and personalized food nutrition programs.
- is responsible for managing all aspects of the food service operations with a strong focus on the student experience, food quality, customer service and catering operations throughout the school, including board dinners, faculty and staff events, weddings, receptions, summer camps, etc.
- will also be responsible for maintaining healthy client relations, labor productivity, meeting targets, meeting Sodexo and client standards, and driving innovation, employee & customer satisfaction as key client indicators.
- High-end/Fine Dining Culinary skill-set is a MUST
- Position is paying: $85,000 - $100,000
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.