General Manager 4 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 4 - Food to support our dining operations at Westminster Lake Ridge, a high end continuining care retirement community located in Lake Ridge, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career with Sodexo. The General Manager ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost-effective management that both meets and exceeds expectations.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of daily dining operations serving approximately 350 residents;
- Interface closely and daily with residents, client executive level leadership and client board members;
- control and ensure company and client financial targets and goals are achieved;
- continuously update industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients, making sure they lead the way in innovation and originality;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have 5 or more years food service management experience ideally in a healthcare and/or Senior living environment;
- have a dietary manager certification (CDM/CFPP) or must be obtained within one year of hire date;
- have a strong financial acumen and good level of computer literacy;
- have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.