General Manager 4 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Relocation is available!
$4000 sign on bonus
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager at Champlain College in our Universities segment in Burlington, Vermont. Champlain College is a private college in Burlington, Vermont. Champlain College Dining portfolio consists of a traditional all-you-care-to-eat dining commons, This is the place to share a good, filling meal with friends in a comfortable atmosphere enlivened by sweeping views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks skyline.
Do you possess strong leadership skills and enjoy managing people, processes and projects? Do you seek genuine interactions with students. Do you anticipate their needs, bringing forward creative programs that enhance the wellbeing of all you serve.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo and client standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous General Manager or Director level experience;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- Financial ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with material costs, labor, procurement compliance and controllable expenses.
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS), Market Connections (MSC), Labor management (Kronos) E-vision, UFS (financial systems) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.