General Manager 4 - Food
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 4 for the Dining Services at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin, Texas. This position will manage an Executive Chef, a Retail Manager, an Operations Manager and approximately 60 hourly employees. A strong emphasis will be placed on client and customer engagement, strengthening the retail operations and growing both the catering and summer conference business. Supporting the campus mission, ensuring sustainable initiatives, providing quality Retail and Catering program operations are extremely important to this client.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience.
- have previous success managing a University Campus account.
- have strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls.
- be versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation.
- be technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- strong communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- strong time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities.We are committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food services and we welcome you to join our team in this exciting career opportunity.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.