General Manager 5 - Food & Nutrition Services
Join a great team where people/patients/residents/customers/clients/students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 5 - Food for MedStar Georgetown University Hospital located in Washington, DC. MedStar Georgetown was the first hospital in Washington, D.C., to receive Magnet® recognition for demonstrating excellence in nursing care. Since then, we have been re-designated three times given our outstanding commitment and dedication to our patients from our world-class nursing staff.
Preferred candidate must have a passion for managing frontline staff, training, process improvement, and Team Building.
We are preferably looking for a Registered Dietitian.
The General Manager will focus on food operations, labor productivity, budgets and financial reporting, client relations, and implementing strategies to drive patient/guest satisfaction. Success for the ideal candidate will be driven by positive outcomes through client satisfaction, retention, and positive patient and guest satisfaction scores
The ideal candidate will have healthcare food service management experience with proven examples of performance improvement and the ability to communicate with clients based on data driven key indicators.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
We are looking for candidates who:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.