General Manager 5 Food - Schools (Enrollment 10,000 )
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!!
Working together, supporting your team, reaching for the best in a high-volume, high paced environment is second nature Sodexo.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 5 Food - Schools located in Detroit area, MI. The General Manager 5 will direct all contract management service operations and plan/supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client.
The successful candidate will:
- Have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- Deliver high quality food service;
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- Develop strategic plans;
- Create a positive environment; and/or
- Ensure Sodexo standards Servsafe.
- Servsafe Certified
- Have K12 schools leadership experience in a multi-unit account
Knowledge of USDA and State, Federal regulations
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- Can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market ConneTMC on (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus Services, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s degree
Basic Management Experience - 4 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years’ experience in management of school nutrition programs
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.