General Manager 5 - Food
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success.
Join a team where your leadership can make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced General Manager to assist our Healthcare operations in New York City.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has General Manager Food & Nutrition leadership experience in a healthcare environment;
- has experience managing in an union environment
- has outstanding client relationship skills and strong financial acumen;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate a working knowledge in TJC, DOH regulatory requirements in food service.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.