General Manager 5 - Food
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 5, Food for Salem State University located in Salem, MA. Sodexo Dining Services on the campus, operates as a comprehensive dining program that features food service operations to include residential dining locations, popular retail food platforms, high end catering, summer conference business and more.
The successful candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- has the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- has the leadership experience to create a positive and inclusive working environment
- will lead a team in executing high quality, innovative, inclusive and personalized food nutrition programs.
- is responsible for managing all aspects of the food service operations with a strong focus on the student experience, food quality, customer service and catering operations throughout the school, including board dinners, faculty and staff events, weddings, receptions, summer camps, etc.
- will also be responsible for maintaining healthy client relations, labor productivity, meeting targets, meeting Sodexo and client standards, and driving innovation, employee & customer satisfaction as key client indicators.
- Experience as a College/University high-volume General Manager, is highly preferred.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only not applicable to external candidates.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.