General Manager 5 - Food
Is managing a large team is your superpower? Bring your talent to a new role at Sodexo.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 5 for the largest Lehigh Valley Hospital location –Cedar Crest (1,227 beds) located in Allentown, PA. Allentown is the fastest growing major city in Pennsylvania and just a short drive away from the "City of Brotherly Love", Philadelphia, PA.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- Has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance.
- Can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service.
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- Proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- a strong culinary background in a high-volume environment
- strong management skills and experience
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends
**Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.**
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.